Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
All of the people notwithstanding their current situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. We are all susceptible to experiencing the dangers brought about by disasters. It is essential that you are well-versed with a whole heap of disaster preparedness tips so as to make sure that you will be able to survive the worse case scenario. Now, in the compass of this article, we can’t talk about all of the disaster preparedness tips one by one. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be placed together in a lot of means, on the other hand, one of the most vital is to make sure that there is at least one family member of friend who lives far away that all of you can be contacted in case that you lose the communication with each other.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. In addition, make sure that you have a cash on hand because there is a pretty high chance that the ATM will not be working in case that a couple of stores are open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Be certain that you allot some time to learn how to do first aid as well as CPR techniques. And it is certainly worth it to spend some of your time learning on how you can save your life or even someone else’s life.
7. Make sure to set a reunion point or a meeting place that is designated to all of your family members or household to gather at.
8. Be certain that you understand that there are particular forms of disasters that are more inclined to taking placing in certain areas and locations. Hence, find out what is more likely to take place in your area.